- Washington & Lee Law School
- The George Washington University
- Bar Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- Practice Focus:
Lisa Manning represents clients in matters ranging from state-level criminal cases to global investigations. Her practice focuses on representation of individuals in civil and criminal litigation, investigations, and expungement.
Ms. Manning joined Schertler, Onorato, Mead & Sears, LLP as Counsel in 2011 and was promoted to Partner in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, she founded Record Absolutions, a law practice dedicated to criminal record mitigation and related issues.
Her experience includes cases involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, antitrust (cartel) matters, the Office of Foreign Assets Control, fraud, securities, government contracts, and local criminal defense. Ms. Manning frequently advocates for clients in court, including criminal and civil trials. In addition, she has represented both individuals and entities in numerous subpoenas and other government inquiries – such as regulatory, grand jury, and Congressional investigations. She has also assisted numerous clients successfully expunge or mitigate their criminal records.
- Won acquittal at trial of UK national in prominent banking cartel case before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented CEO of European multi-national corporation in FCPA investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities & Exchange Commission, and several E.U. countries.
- Represented executive of South American company in parallel antitrust investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and multiple foreign governments.
- Successfully advocated for a rare equitable Order of Expungement in a federal case. Has represented numerous individuals, including foreign nationals, in various record mitigation and expungement matters.
- Navigated small company through federal investigation, subpoena responses, and related issues.
- Defended foreign government in multi-million dollar breach of contract suit filed in U.S. federal court.
- Represented witnesses and subjects in a wide range of investigations conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice, Securities & Exchange Commission, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Consumer Financial Protection Board, and the U.S. Congress.
- Defended numerous clients in criminal matters before the Courts of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
Ms. Manning graduated from Washington & Lee Law School in Virginia, after completing her B.A. in International Relations/Economics at The George Washington University. She is a member of the Virginia, District of Columbia, and Maryland Bars, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, District of Colorado, District of Maryland, and the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, and the Bar of the Supreme Court.
Ms. Manning has been recognized by Super Lawyers in the field of White-Collar Criminal Defense for each of the past four years. The National Trial Lawyers named her on its 2017 “40 under 40” List for Washington, DC. She was awarded Young Lawyer of the Year by the Bar Association of the District of Columbia in 2015, and has served as the Chair of its Young Lawyers Section. Ms. Manning is a graduate of the District of Columbia Bar’s John Payton Leadership Academy.
The attorneys of Schertler Onorato Mead & Sears bring deep experience, practical judgment, and vigorous advocacy to the matters we handle.Our lawyers include former federal prosecutors, former members of the Antitrust and Tax Divisions of the Department of Justice, a former Assistant to the Solicitor General, and a former Assistant Attorney General for the District of Columbia.We have tried cases large and small, have briefed and argued numerous appeals, and also have the skill and acumen to negotiate resolutions of matters when it is in the best interests of our clients. More detailed biographies of our attorneys are accessible below.