- Georgetown University Law Center
- The George Washington University
- Bar Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- Practice Focus:
Paola Pinto joined Schertler & Onorato, LLP in 2019 as an associate. Before joining the firm, Ms. Pinto clerked for the Honorable Mathew J. Fader, Chief Judge of the Maryland Court of Special Appeals. Ms. Pinto is a native Spanish speaker and is proficient in French.
- Represented former employee of international telecommunications company in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation conducted by Department of Justice.
- Represented several individuals in investigations by the Office of the Special Counsel involving the 2020 presidential election.
- Represented current and former employees in several Department of Justice antitrust investigations.
- Represented former employee of an international consulting firm in a Department of Justice criminal investigation.
- Represented pharmaceutical company executive in investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represented former employee of a national pharmaceutical company in investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represented various individuals in Department of Justice investigations into violations of U.S. sanctions laws.
- Represented various individuals in Department of Justice investigations involving Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans.
- Represented various individuals in Civil Protection Order and Anti-Stalking Order proceedings.
- Represented employees of an international pharmaceutical company in an investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Represented former employee of multinational food and beverage corporation in an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represented students in Title IX investigations by various Universities.
- Represented advertising agency as a defendant in multiple civil lawsuits.
Ms. Pinto is a 2018 cum laude graduate of Georgetown University Law Center, where she was a member of the Appellate Litigation Clinic. She received her undergraduate degree, cum laude, in Political Science from The George Washington University.
Ms. Pinto’s prior experience includes a clerkship with the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, as well as appellate work before a United States Court of Appeals and Board of Immigration Appeals. During law school, she completed legal externships in the Mexico City office of a global law firm and in the general counsel’s office of a multinational company. In both roles, she regularly worked on legal matters in English and in Spanish.
The attorneys of Schertler Onorato Mead & Sears bring deep experience, practical judgment, and vigorous advocacy to the matters we handle. Our lawyers include former federal prosecutors, former members of the Antitrust and Tax Divisions of the Department of Justice, and a former Assistant to the Solicitor General. We have tried cases large and small, have briefed and argued numerous appeals, and also have the skill and acumen to negotiate resolutions of matters when it is in the best interests of our clients. More detailed biographies of our attorneys are accessible below.