Congressional Investigations & Hearings
Schertler Onorato Mead & Sears has broad experience representing clients in all phases of Congressional investigations. We have assisted clients in responding to Congressional subpoenas and document requests, prepared clients for Congressional committee depositions and interviews, and represented clients in numerous Congressional committee hearings, including high-profile televised hearings on issues of intense public interest. Our clients have included corporate executives and employees, Executive Branch agency officials, and former White House staff. We are attuned to the unique legal, political, and media aspects of Congressional investigations and carefully manage those challenges. Our extensive background in criminal and regulatory investigations and litigation also enables us to advise and navigate clients skillfully when parallel proceedings are involved.
- Represented automotive industry CEO in high-profile televised hearing before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations.
- Represented former White House staff members before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, and the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
- Represented investment banker before the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations addressing the Enron collapse.
- Represented whistleblower in interviews with the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations.
- Represented high-level Executive Branch agency official in oversight investigation conducted by the House Committee on Financial Services.
- Represented witness subpoenaed to produce documents and testify before the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- White-Collar Criminal Defense & Government InvestigationsCorporate Internal Investigations & ComplianceSecurities Litigation & EnforcementCriminal DefenseCivil LitigationPatent LitigationAppellate LitigationTax Litigation & CounselingFalse Claims Act Litigation & EnforcementGovernment & Regulatory RelationsPublic Sector EmploymentProfessional Ethics & Disciplinary MattersSports LawAntitrust Litigation & EnforcementCongressional Investigations & Hearings