Hilary Holt LoCicero
Tulane University Law School
District of Columbia
Hilary LoCicero combines her lengthy experience conducting government and internal investigations with a deep understanding of her clients’ business and legal needs. She helps companies and individuals working in regulated industries to navigate their increasingly complex legal and regulatory worlds. This involves both spotting issues before they become problems and addressing those that have already arisen and helping to resolve them favorably.
Ms. LoCicero regularly counsels healthcare clients in connection with fraud and false statement matters, related criminal and civil False Claims Act matters, complex civil litigation involving allegations of healthcare fraud, and actions before state agencies that regulate healthcare.
Ms. LoCicero likewise has represented numerous clients in connection with investigations, negotiations, and dispositions in antitrust, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and sanctions matters. Her experience in these areas extends to compliance issues such as due diligence in connection with business transactions, ongoing ethics and compliance counseling, and assistance with post-resolution compliance. She also handles matters involving government contracting fraud, tax fraud, accounting fraud, election fraud, campaign finance matters, bribery, conspiracy, professional misconduct, suspension and debarment, and criminal and civil forfeiture.
Ms. LoCicero earned her Bachelor’s degree, cum laude, from Tulane University in 2000. She graduated from Tulane University Law School, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, in 2003. Prior to entering private practice, Ms. LoCicero clerked for Judge Mary Milloy of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas and Judge Lynn Bush of the United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Served as co-counsel in the defense of a prominent cardiologist who was acquitted of health care fraud and false statement charges.
- Was a key member of the trial team that successfully defended a prominent lawyer acquitted of conspiracy and tax evasion charges.
- Represented a chief executive officer of a government contracting company charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States and tax fraud.
- Represented a former chief executive officer of a Wall Street investment company in connection with investigations and litigation by the SEC.
- Represented a company charged with violation of the FCPA and conspiracy to violate the FCPA.
- Represented a government contractor facing allegations of violations of the sanctions laws and federal acquisition regulations.
- Represented the general counsel of an international corporation in connection with allegations of violations of the FCPA and sanctions laws.
- Represented a federal appointee in connection with a high-profile professional misconduct proceeding.
- Represented a procurement officer faced with allegations of government contracting fraud and civil and criminal false claims.